Nursing


Friday, 29 March 2013

Flight Of Ideas

Flight of ideas (flīt of i-de´ahz) : a nearly continuous flow of rapid speech that jumps from topic to topic, usually based on discernible associations, distractions, or plays on words, but sometimes disorganized and incoherent. (Dorland's Medical Dictionary for Health Consumers, 2007)

My entry today is kind of flight of ideas. Bare with it or leave it.


Plagiarism is the "wrongful appropriation" and "purloining and publication" of another author's "language, thoughts, ideas, or expressions" and the representation of them as one's own original work. The idea remains problematic with unclear definitions and unclear rules. (Wikipedia)

Ever heard this? Have you ever done this? Maybe it is time to wonder and ponder.

Next topic.

Semalam, aku rotate kat bahagian Children Psychiatry - Daycare. Aku rasa dalam banyak-banyak tempat, this is my favorite. Daycare dekat psychiatry ni bukan usual daycare yang parents hantar hari-hari pasai nak pi kerja tu. Daycare ni adalah special untuk children with special need. So, children with Syndrome Down, Autism, Mental Retardation, etc dihantar ke sini once or twice a week (or suka hati depa) untuk treatment and learning process. Some of them memang parents depa hantar pi skolah kat luar jugak instead of just hantar untuk treatment kat sini. But some of them, memang just duduk rumah tak buat apa and just learn when they come to daycare for treatment. 

So yesterday, I got three px on my list, I mean yang datang dekat room yang aku stay tu. One with Autism, one with Syndrome Down, and the other one with Mental Retardation. Sepanjang kat dalam tu, kami ajar depa susun block kayu, susun part of face and few other things. Di antara ketiga-tiga px ni, px with syndrome down is the smartest. But the therapist said, it is not what he can do that matters now, it is what he can talk. So actually this child came for speech therapy. He is smart enough to manage those block but when we asked to say a word, he just keep silent. 

Same goes to my other px with autism. But this is worse. He cant even say a word, and he keep holding my hand and asked me to help him to put those blocks at the right place. Very cute actually. Therapist said he has potential, but too bad his parents just let him stay at home without any effort to send him to special need school. So, advice were given to his parents regarding this.

My other px with mental retardation ni lain pulak ceritanya. She can say few words but she is lack of concentration or focus in learning process. When we asked to put the block at the right place, she just huha huha huha and her eyes keep looking at the whole room. Mental retardation is one condition characterized by significantly impaired cognitive functioning and deficits in two or more adaptive behaviors, and the px IQ is less than 70. So that explains why she cant focus and lack of concentration, not only in her learning process, but the whole things she do too. And just after 15 minutes of therapy, she fell asleep while holding her color pencil. Now that's cute.

So that's it for now. Well, when it comes to this part, I LOVE MY JOB. HAHA. I've always been dreaming of opening my very own jannah-the-nanny-daycare so that I can be a full time nanny. Muahaha. It is not that I love children very much, well, I do, but somehow I can be the most impatient and fierce-est nanny (like my sister always said to me :| ). But the thing is sometimes, looking and taking care of those really, really can make me feel.......... happy. Contoh : Gigit pipi lembik Poyad. Hahahaha.

Well, I forgot to tell. My therapist said, among all children that come to this daycare, deaf and blind children always have the best prognosis. Well, memang patut macam tu pon since they just have physic problem that don't affect their mental. Tetibe teringat cerita The Miracle Worker. Hahaha. All time favorite!!! 













Damn, I love those big and kembang-kembang dress. 










p/s : Selain dari bukak daycare, saya nak bukak kedai kopi. Mak, boleh tak?











-adios-








No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you very muchooo!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...